Tuesday, 16 June 2009

Great Blogs on ASD

Autism Herd - Autism affects everyone in the family. Two of the four children in my "herd" are on the spectrum. As a mom I am tired off the way in which the media portrays families like mine. I am neither heartbroken nor filled with despair. I am not a "warrior mother".Rather I am an advocate, my childrens voice-all my children, and I am loud. Simply put, I am a mother who celebrates and finds joy in all of my children. This is our story.

Kicking Kittens -
There has got to be common ground. I have started this blog to give people a place to tell their stories...positive stories . Too often we are mired down in the hows and whys, causes and cures. It is easy to forget that we are talking about people. One of the misconceptions that I have run into is that because I have children with disabilities-I am not allowed to have joy-nor are my children allowed to be joyful. Some of the comments I have received after relaying a funny story or anecdote...well you would think I had been kicking kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment